Welcome

Hi there, I'm Ali and brand new to this blogging thingy so not sure how things work. I decided to start a blog because a very good friend of mine kept saying I should have one, told me it's easy, so here goes.







I have decided to call it Blossom and Grow because over the last few years that's exactly how I feel my life has been. Maybe i'm a late developer. You're never too old to try new
things and life definitely starts at 40 something.



















Wednesday 25 August 2010

GROW YOUR OWN

Well today little D and I dug for treasure in our grow bags and came up with lovely white potatoes marie something and nicola's. Chuffed to bits as they have been growing since March. We had the marie ones tonight scraped (which hubby had to be shown how to do) that made me laugh as I remember my mum showing me how to scrap spuds. Then I thought 'have I not scraped a potato since I was a young girl weird.' We boiled, then mashed them or as little D says 'made fluffy clouds.' They were Yummy with steak pie and veg. So 6 months of growth to get one meal on the table is it worth it. I enjoyed it, didn't cost much and I got a sense of achievement. Plus little D and I spent time in the garden today in the fresh air. SO YES IT WAS WORTH IT! might try different veg next time.

Still waiting for tomatoes to ripen moved them around to a sunny spot that's a joke as we don't seem to be having any sunshine. I think some of the toms are plum tomatoes so I think I will be making some bols sauce seems I am the only one who eats tomatoes raw. Neighbour said add a banana to rippen the tomatoes (7.9.10 still waiting)



Hubby just got back from watching Everton 5 good result against Huddersfield 1 so he's a happy chappy.

Well best get to bed as its 12.07 am
What happened to my early night?

No comments:

Post a Comment