Welcome

Hi there, I'm Ali and brand new to this blogging thingy so not sure how things work. I decided to start a blog because a very good friend of mine kept saying I should have one, told me it's easy, so here goes.







I have decided to call it Blossom and Grow because over the last few years that's exactly how I feel my life has been. Maybe i'm a late developer. You're never too old to try new
things and life definitely starts at 40 something.



















Saturday 28 August 2010

DOGGY DAY!

Stella welcome addition to our family
What a calamity! It was time again to take STELLA (our guide dog friend!) for her weekly free run. (free meaning not on her lead not free in costing anything). This is only our second time to be in charge of a black lab and seems we haven't any dogs we are on a learning curve. Not strictly true as I have had dogs when growing up but our kids haven't as they are actually allergic to furry creatures. Anyway back to our doggy walk, Stella is 4 years old and is a working guide dog but due to her owner being poorly she hasn't been able to go for a free run. So hubby volunteered our family to take Stella out. Today was only our second time so we are still apprehensive and just getting use to handling her. Last week she was very timid and wouldn't run after the ball and we just about got her to trot.

This week was so different she bounded after the ball we had bought from our shopping trip with M and co things were going really well kids enjoying Stella's enthusiasm. Until suddenly out of the corner of my eye I could see a brown mongrel come bounding across heading straight for Stella. OH NO we all were scrabbling to get Sella we were not ready for a lively yappy dog to come in and intrude into our tranquil morning. Both dogs got very excited and the little dog was chasing Stella, Stella being so placid I think wasn't quite sure what to do and we being novice dog walkers what reaction to expect, as humans we started to panic slightly. The little dog got a bit too friendly and started nipping Stella round her collar to this I am shouting to the owners to retrieve their dog. They didn't seemed bothered but I didn't want to take Stella back to her owner covered in slobber or worst scenario blood. I think as I said earlier we are on a learning curve a very BIG one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment