Welcome

Hi there, I'm Ali and brand new to this blogging thingy so not sure how things work. I decided to start a blog because a very good friend of mine kept saying I should have one, told me it's easy, so here goes.







I have decided to call it Blossom and Grow because over the last few years that's exactly how I feel my life has been. Maybe i'm a late developer. You're never too old to try new
things and life definitely starts at 40 something.



















Thursday 26 April 2012

Label Of Love

I thought it was a great idea to sign up for a workshop at my local Urban farm called Tam O'Shanta to make a stool. How hard could it be well here are the photos you make up your own mind It took three days over three weeks. I need to take it back once it is seasoned but oops its been in the garden for a month now and we've had a lot of rain.
This is the freshy cut log my three legs will be cut out of.

I used a very big hammer to split the wood into four equal pieces taking off andy's knuckles and drawing blood oops! Well these men will get in the way.
I am sitting on a wooden'Shaving Horse' not comfy had a cushion for my delicate posterior. I used a 'Draw Knife' to shape out three legs.

This part was physically exhausting and Andy kept saying feel the wood you become part of it and just take off another inch. after two days of sitting on the horse I felt at one point letting him feel my leg(stool) over his bonce. I'm not a violent person HONEST!

Carved LOVE LAUGH LIVE in top of stool
Its now in my garden drying inbetween down pours of rain will have to take a photo of the finished stool/table. We used it for the roof men who placed their endless bacon buttys and mugs of tea on. It has a cup holder groove which is not shown on this pic as I added it later after a flower went wrong hee hee!

Hope I have not put you off as although tough it was also rewarding to make your own stool/table.

No comments:

Post a Comment