Welcome

Hi there, I'm Ali and brand new to this blogging thingy so not sure how things work. I decided to start a blog because a very good friend of mine kept saying I should have one, told me it's easy, so here goes.







I have decided to call it Blossom and Grow because over the last few years that's exactly how I feel my life has been. Maybe i'm a late developer. You're never too old to try new
things and life definitely starts at 40 something.



















Saturday 11 September 2010

CRAFTY AFTERNOON

HAD a fab afternoon on friday playing with crafty stash with my bessy crafty friend M. Should of taken a pic of the dining room table at the start and at the end of our session but forgot. Wasn't productive in the sense not made one single card. But did make a mess no I mean a lovely range of toppers to put on our cards.

We were playing with christmas stamps using different techniques to colour them in; water colouring, promarkers, mica powders, embossing images, brush inks. The embossing with a heat gun was a first for both of us and was brilliant, we also did shrink plastic mine being a bit of a disaster. Oh yeah! also used flowersoft.

The whole afternoon was fun as I have to admit I have tonnes of stash and don't get chance to play with it so thanks to M for coming around and bringing the sandwich with cake yum! Will post pics of cards when I have made them up.

Next week M's house and I think we are going to do some BRAINSTORMING, we think we might be slightly MAD, but we fancy doing a stall at our local craft fair. Will be going along to check it out soon. Any craft ideas will be much appreciated.

I have also joined a new crafty forum to get some ideas from fellow crafters will put the link here if anyone is interested.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/


CRAFTY TIP OF THE DAY
Use twitters* when doing shrink plastic to stop it disappearing around the table and burning your fingers ouch!!

*Foot note I mean tweezers that made me giggle so I kept the Freudian slip in. We were a pair of twits or tweeters according to hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment